Thursday, November 09, 2006

Halloween - Danger or Harmless Fun?

I can't help but be thankful that October 31st is over with for another year. Not because I run through Wal-Mart frantically looking for halloween costumes or because I'm racing through the aisles loading my cart with bags of candy for the doorbell ringers.

I'm thankful because the gory decorations are now replaced with Christmas wreaths and nativities so I can shop with my children without them seeing a skeleton dripping with plastic blood.

I'm thankful that the commercials on T.V. no longer glorify a holiday that celebrates the dead and the rituals to communicate with them.

But mostly it's because I cringe at well-meaning folks who trick-or-treat for 'fun'. Who allow children to dress up as witches, skeletons, and even princesses without realizing that this is a day to celebrate Satan - the lord of death.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.hisplacechurch.com/resources/uploads/1242

Anonymous said...

http://www.hisplacechurch.com/
resources/uploads/1242